Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation

Access Pass

Skip Navigation LinksHome / Admission / Access Pass

In 2024, all Access Pass applicants, regardless of age, will be required to submit proof of NYS residency in the form of a NYS DMV issued Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID card. Temporary Non-Driver ID cards will be accepted as proof of residency when applying.

Information on a NYS DMV issued Non-Driver ID, which can be obtained at any age, can be found at:

Your NYS DMV issued ID will need to be presented with your Access Pass upon request by NYS Parks staff. Valid Access Pass laminated cards will be accepted until their expiration.

The Access Pass permits residents of New York State with disabilities, as defined in the application, free or discounted use of state parks, historic sites, and recreational facilities operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The pass holder must be present and may have free or discounted use of facilities operated by these offices, for which there is normally a charge.

The Access Pass is not valid for amenities, including some services or locations operated by an outside concessionaire. To see a complete listing of these rules and restrictions, view the Access Pass Guidelines shown below.

Individual Access Pass

To qualify for an Individual Access Pass, an applicant must be a resident of New York State, must provide documentation showing proof of disability dated within 1 year of the date on the application in the form of certification from the appropriate agency or by a physician as described on the application and must provide a recent photo (for patrons age 17 and younger) that will be affixed to the Access Pass and presented with a scannable card. Both cards must be presented on each occasion the pass is applied toward a fee waiver. Applicants age 18 and older must present the scannable Access Pass along with a New York State issued ID (NYS Driver's License or NYS Non-Driver ID Card).

You may apply for the Access Pass under one of the following categories as outlined on the application:

  • DEAF
  • MENTAL HEALTH - must be currently receiving services through New York State Office of Mental Health or a program they license, operate, certify or fund.
  • DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY - must be eligible for services or currently receiving services through OPWDD
  • NYS VETERAN - must have a current evaluation of a 40% or greater service-connected disability as certified by the United States Veteran's Administration.

Please review the instructions below for acceptable supporting documentation that must be provided with your application for approval:

Complete the application below and submit by email or by mail for processing:

Review the guidelines of the program:

Find answers to your frequently asked questions:

Group Access Pass

To qualify for a Group Access Pass, all members of the group must be residents of New York State. The group's authorized representative must provide proof of the group's members' disability (ies) in the form of certification from the appropriate agency or by verification of disability (ies) by a physician as described on the application.

A Certificate of Operation can be submitted to satisfy Part 2 of the Group Access Pass Application.

For all completed applications, with all required materials, should be mailed to:

Access Pass
State Parks
Albany, New York 12238

For more information, contact 518-474-2324 during normal business hours or email

Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing of this application.